Saturday, 4 August 2012
ST ANDREW'S CHURCH IN LIPNICA MUROWANA- POLAND
The St Andrew's church in Lipnica Murowana was founded by the polish king Casimir III the great -Kazimierz Wielki in 1364 and replaced the existing wooden church already on site.It was digested by fire several timesin 1500, 1655, 1740 and 1824 when the gothic vault collapsed.
This masonry gothic church was built of stone and rendered.Single nave, with the presbytery- choirdesigned in half hexagon shape, with chapel next to the nave to the North and with two other chapels and porch to the South and tall bell tower to the north.
The church is supporter externaly with the flying buttresses along the nave.Internally the church was decorated with the falt ceilings and a barell vault in sacristy.
The the duo pitched roof of the temple was covered with the metal sheeting and had a little signature bell - tower.It had the neo - baroque oltar dated from XVIII-XIX , two baptismal fonts, and a gothic crucifix from 1 half of XVI century.