The building located in the heart of the University of Oxford on the corner of High Street and Catte St.
The edifice was built in 1438 and the wing facing the High Street is its oldest part.The smaller courtyard also remained mostly Gothic.
It has also a remained chapel built in the shape of an inverted T in the "perpendicular " Gothic style with a baroque chapel screen by Sir James Thornhill in 1716 replacing the one attributed to Christopher Wren.
Since its erection in 15th century the building has undergone few redevelopments .The authors of following developments and re-designs were:
*Dr George Clarke - built Warden's Lodgings in a classical Palladian style
*Nicholas Hawksmoor - created the Dining hall, further extenion of east - west axis of Chapel in his own idiosyncratic version of Gothic, refashioning of the northern end of college along with the creation of Radcliffe Square and its library.
Hawksmoor 's most recognized part of the rebuilding the college was North Quadrangle with large stained glass pointed windows pinnacles, sun dial designed by Christopher Wren, and dominating twin towers.